Saturday, November 07, 2015

Fairyland...

**************************************************************************
This is a sonnet that I wrote in school and I wanted to bring in a little Shakespearean touch to it, so I did. And to make it easier, I have a glossary too!
**************************************************************************
Far away from where you live,
Thou live amongst the green,
Thou live among the strong trees,
Thou live among the frees,
Place barriers between the strong and weak,
Shower confidence to the meek,
Paint animals for fairy steps,
Oh my dear! No time to prep,
Knit a style and dress 'em up,
Clean the tables, Potion in a cup,
Keep her smiling never frown,
For then the world'll have to stand down,
Her wrath shall tear it piece by piece,
Then shall no longer supremacy belong to peace.

Glossary
Style- Fairy party dress
Paint animals- Dress animals
Steps- Dances
Thou- 'I' in Shakespeare English
Frees- Poetic plural for free animals
Potion- Fragrant filled and aromatic tea
It(line 13)- Universe
Her(line 13)- Fairy Queen


No comments:

Post a Comment