Thursday, June 02, 2016

Best Friends Forever!

You were the helium balloon,
Tied to a string,
Tied to my soul,
When my spirits needed a lift.

You held my hand, 
Through dark times and good,
When I needed you the most,
You were always beside me.

When my foot slipped the rung,
And I thought I was gonna fall,
You held me up,
Strong and tall.

When my mind was a honey comb,
With way too many bees to hold,
You shared the burden with me,
Already suppressed by your own.

You walked in, I noticed,
You spoke, I saw,
Your abnegation, your love,
I was left in awe.

You were selfless, I was selfish,
You cared, I never saw,
You loved, I didn't try to feel it,
My heart was too frozen to thaw.

You made my trust your treasure,
You heeded my emotions like a gem,
You touched my soul like a feather but, 
You left a mark like a flare.

You turned me into a jewel, 
You carved my sharpness rotund,
You wiped away my smudges,
And thawed my frozen heart.

You gave me your shoulder to hang on,
Your hand to wipe my tears,
Your smile to fodder my happiness,
And your softness to mellow my thoughts.

You and I are the strings on the racket, 
Criss-crossing each other's paths,
With a seemless frame and a steady grip,
We are a perfect match.

And with my chin on your shoulders,
And your chin on mine,
Our friendship shall last forever,
The way a diamond never loses its shine...

***************************************************
This is a poem I wrote for my best friend Anika.... It's about how I never quite realized that she was always there for me when I needed her and I never bothered to notice that. This poem is a tribute to her shining personality and selfless attitude. 
***************************************************

To the three parts of me:

Dear Tweety,
When I am alone, you are my shadow,
when I need a hug, you are my teddy bear,
when I am cold, you are my blanket,
when I need a friend, you are always yourself....
Know that if you ever feel unwanted, you'll be Nemo, and I'll be that crazy clown fish who will tear down this world to find you, and give you a warm hug. :)
But you dare feel unwanted! -_-

Dear Div,
All these years, calling you Div, even saying Divya sounds weird!
A stranger would stab me in the front, a friend would stab me in the back, a loved one would stab my heart, but we would be poking each other with forks... 
You are crazy and extremely stupid... And so am I... Maybe that's why we get along together... You are like a sister to me... An elder sister... I grew up on you after all! Thank you for all those years together and for not giving up on me. Thank you for making me laugh even when I didn't want to smile. I WUV YOU SO MUCH DIV!  ;*

Dear Wazzy,
Can't remember the last time we hugged. There's a million miles between us, we barely talk and we barely ever see each other and I still call you my bestie cuz distance can't make a difference if time could not! You are my best friend, a human diary and and a big part of who I am... Thanks for making me fall in love with Harry Potter! I love you so much! Can't wait to meet you in USA! ;)

LUV,
ME...
*******************************************************

2 comments: