Dedicated to Pratya and Divya because they were the biggest event of my life.
[TITLE credits to Divya for the idea, thanks div! ;) ]
It felt beyond reach,
And I felt so low,
My mind and soul withered,
Spreading undiminished woes.
I'd never think to think,
Or even try to try,
I felt like a minikin,
Looking up at an elephantine.
I placed a palm and I placed a foot,
Pulled myself up and I thought I could,
But I lost grip and my foot slipped off,
And I stood there staring at the etched wall.
She leaped and she made it,
Right over the wall,
Maybe her wall was short,
Or maybe she was just tall!
No! It was the same,
I know it fait accompli,
If she could do it,
Why couldn't I?
I pulled myself together,
And prepared for another try,
But how could I scale such an unscalable mount,
So I stepped back and let out a cry.
The next day I came back,
With fresh hopes and courage,
With strong sense of boldness,
And confidence as my entourage.
The wall seemed at odds,
A lot shorter than afore,
So I braced myself,
And prepared for the roar!
I leaped and I made it,
Right over the wall,
The wall was neither short,
Nor was I too tall.
What was so different,
From the last time I tried?
Was it my courage,
Or was it my stride?
If I'd just believed,
In what I could do,
Then I'd probably do better,
Than finish number two.
*********************************
Back with another poem! Except I don't know what to name this one so comment below a possible one word title to my poem (will give you creds).
This poem explains what my everyday life is at this point, after a big change. Everything is so new to me and it gets quite intimidating at times that I just bail out on opportunities and wait for someone to show me how it's done. And then I regret not going for it because what they did was what I would have done. Well I just hope that that doesn't last too long.... so... yeah! Good talk! Bye! :)
*********************************
No comments:
Post a Comment