****************************************************************
This is a poem that I wrote for my best friend Divya’s Birthday! I am happy that she liked it! She also has a blog! Check it out at: www.divyarwrites.blogspot.com
This is a poem that I wrote for my best friend Divya’s Birthday! I am happy that she liked it! She also has a blog! Check it out at: www.divyarwrites.blogspot.com
*********************************************************************
Hey how ya’ doin’ today,
The sun is shining high and clear,
The birds are chirping tweeting sounds,
Three colors fly proud up in the air.
I yawn as usual in the morning,
Least bothered about what day it is,
I open my eyes and see no one has woken and,
Go back to slumber again.
My mom says, “Wake up!
Rise and shine morning has come!”
I say, “Mom it’s a Saturday,
Show some love!”
My brother comes barging in,
“Do you know what day it is??”
I open my eyes and for once
“I know! its Divya’s birthday!”
“No you idiot it’s that day,
The day our flag was flung,
The day those wicked Brits gave up,
Independence day has begun!”
I don’t care about independence,
I wasn’t there to see it anyway!
What I am bothered about right now is,
“It is her birthday… what should I say?”
Something in me pricks,
My butt to run to the washroom,
I pick it up and make my way,
Brush my teeth and start today.
Drink my milk, wish happy Independence Day,
Mom gives me a choice of studying or to go down to play
but
I make my bed and help at home,
Cuz’ “Ferb I know what we are gonna do today!”
You are made of kindness;
love from a heart of gold,
your touch is angelic,
from the depths of your soul.
love from a heart of gold,
your touch is angelic,
from the depths of your soul.
You make a real difference,
with mere mortals flawed and blue,
asking age-old questions,
oh c’mon what else can I do?
with mere mortals flawed and blue,
asking age-old questions,
oh c’mon what else can I do?
It’s too early to get to the point
And since it is today
I guess it is time to say stuff
That I had been holding in within me
I'm not sure when it happened,
but I’m very glad it did,
you just came into my life,
and eased the pain I hid.
but I’m very glad it did,
you just came into my life,
and eased the pain I hid.
The more you got to know me,
the greater I knew myself,
for that I’ve been enriched,
by much more than mere wealth.
the greater I knew myself,
for that I’ve been enriched,
by much more than mere wealth.
You and I are different,
yet the same in many ways,
we both have tender hearts,
that beat in tune every day.
yet the same in many ways,
we both have tender hearts,
that beat in tune every day.
I'll always be there for you,
forever and to the end.
We're each other's backbone,
the very best of friends.
forever and to the end.
We're each other's backbone,
the very best of friends.
You are more than special;
you are the "me" I aspire to,
my anchor in a sea of change,
my wings under skies of blue.
you are the "me" I aspire to,
my anchor in a sea of change,
my wings under skies of blue.
At last my life is full,
just because you're in it,
filling me with waves of love,
absolute and infinite.
just because you're in it,
filling me with waves of love,
absolute and infinite.
Once we lived perpendicular lives,
with parallel hopes and dreams,
crossing your path was a blessing,
now my path is as it should be.
with parallel hopes and dreams,
crossing your path was a blessing,
now my path is as it should be.
Frenemy or whatever,
I know ur trying to play it cool,
Trust me I know ya’,
After all I am not such a fool!
I can’t imagine a
life without,
Breathless moments
with you at my side,
For all that I knew,
I grew up on you.
So hey sis’,
How’s life?
R u throwin’ a party?
Or u just bored of it?
It feels great you know,
Now that I have let all of that out of me,
I feel lighter than before,
I am now a brighter me.
I had so many things planned for you,
But I know I can’t establish them all,
But the best I could do,
Was write you this song!
Percy says, "Riptide!"
Leo says, "Hey"
Annabeth says, "It is your birthday!"
I say, "Hurray!"
Harry says, “Expecto Patronum”
Ron says, “Chess”
Hedwig *flaps around the house*
Hermione-“Hedwig don’t make a mess”
Last but not the least,
I wouldn’t be that cheap ya’ know,
I won’t wish you a happy birthday,
But I will a fabulous one!
No comments:
Post a Comment